West River Rafting
- Minimum age 12
- 8 miles
- 2-3 hours river time
- Class II-IV whitewater
- Delicious cookout lunch
West River Rafting Trip Itinerary
Mount Snow Ski Resort - Sundance Base Lodge
This trip meets at two different times—please check your confirmation for your trip time.
Also please consult a map along with our directions. It is your responsibility to arrive on time.
The trip cannot wait for latecomers.
Follow I-91 North to Exit 2 in Vermont. Take Route 9 West 20 miles to Wilmington, VT. Turn right at the stoplight on to Route 100 North. Nine miles to Mount Snow. Turn into Mount Snow Resort. Follow the signs to Sundance Base Lodge and Crab Apple Whitewater.
For more specific directions from various points in New England please go to
www.mountsnow.com/gettinghere.html for the best way to arrive at
- Check-in at appropriate trip time
- Lifejacket and helmet fitting - (all guests must wear a Personal Floatation Device and helmet issued by Crab Apple)
- Safety lecture and paddling instruction
- Bus ride to Ball Mountain dam
- Raft 4 miles in Class III whitewater
- "The Dumplings" rapid-Class IV
- Riverside snack
- Continue 4 miles in Class II-III whitewater
- Take out and ride back to Mount Snow
- Delicious chicken, fish or vegetarian option cookout
- Slide presentation of trip
What to Bring:
For every trip you need:
- Bathing suit or shorts
- Warm fleece or wool socks
- Warm, layered clothing
- Change of clothes and shoes for after trip
Items for spring and fall & cool or rainy days:
***Avoid cotton clothing-it cools the body when wet!
- For feet: wool or fleece socks. Very important in spring!
- For torso and legs: wool, fleece, capilene, polypropylene
- Outer layer: wind jacket and pants are great for shedding water and can be worn over a wetsuit or fleece
Clean, comfortable wetsuits and wetsuit boots will always be available for rent. Fleece and synthetics are extra warm under wetsuits and wetsuit boots. Wind jackets and pants can be worn over wetsuits to shed water and add warmth.
Our Vermont base houses a store where you may purchase pictures of your trip in additions to a selection of apparel and souvenirs.
Always bring medications which you may need on the river i.e. asthma inhaler, bee sting kit, etc.
Check out Mount Snow's luxury and economy lodging at www.mountsnow.com/lodging.html
All rafters will be required to sign a waiver of liability before enjoying one of our trips. Download it here and bring it in completed the day of the trip to save time. Waiver